As you get ready to tackle the spring cleaning inside your home, don’t forget about sprucing up the outside too. Some simple fixes can dramatically improve your home’s curb appeal. Remember, first impressions are important – especially when it comes maximizing the value of your property.
In a competitive housing market, how do you ensure your home gets seen by the most prospective purchasers? We have two words for you: curb appeal.
The exterior sometimes is an afterthought, which is a mistake. Think about it: you only have one chance to make a first impression. Within seconds of seeing your home, buyers will have formed their opinion. They either like what they see and want to see more, or they won’t give your listing a second thought as they continue to the next, neater, nicer house for sale down the street.
If you want to sell your home, you’ve got to start thinking like a buyer. Most people will start their search by scouring online listings. If your photos survive the first round of cuts, homebuyers will do a drive-by or schedule a showing to see the home for themselves.
So, What can you do to get that curb appeal on point?
1. Make the Front Door a focal point. Choose a new color that stands out from the rest of the house. Update the knocker and hardware.
2. Ensure that your House Numbers are easy to read. Go across the street from your home to make sure the font is clear and the view is unobstructed. If you need to move its location, place the numbers horizontally and near a porch light so they can be read anytime of the day.
3. Add a cluster of 3 different sized Flower Pots to your front porch and fill them with beautiful spring flowers.
4. Create Illumination by updating lights on the front porch and adding landscape lighting along the front walkway.
5. Consider changing your straight Walkway to one that curves through the front lawn in order to draw the eye through the landscaping.
6. Check your Roof for any damage and hire a professional now to fix the problems as soon as possible.
7. Power clean the Siding to remove the winter grime and have the exterior look brand new. Clean the Windows inside and outside to make sure they sparkle.
8. Check Driveway for cracks and make necessary repairs.
9. Look for patchy areas in the Grass and reseed or sod so it looks perfectly green this spring.
10. Draw buyers to your front door by adding Fragrant Flowers and Plants.
11. Landscape right at the Curb to add depth and color to your front yard.